The Better Energy Home scheme provides grants to homeowners to upgrade their homes with energy efficiency measures, thus reducing energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
Grants are provided for the following upgrade works done to any home built before 2006:
- Roof insulation
- Wall insulation
- Boiler and heating control upgrades
- Solar panels
Grant payment will be subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme and in particular the following:
- Grant payment will be subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme and in particular the following:
- Grant is only eligible for homes built before 2006
- Grant approval must be in place before works commence
- Grant works must be completed to SEAI standards by a SEAI registered contractor
- Grant works, including a published BER, must be completed and paperwork submitted to SEAI within six months of the grant offer.
For more details on the scheme please click the appropriate button below.