How Do I Register as a Contractor?


How do I register as a Contractor on the Better Energy Homes scheme?

Download, read and complete the registration form and also ensure you have read or completed the relevant documents listed below:

Complete the registration form and send along with all other requested documents to:

Better Energy Homes scheme
Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
P.O. Box 119
Co. Kerry


What documents do I need to provide to SEAI when registering for the Better Energy scheme?

All registering contractors must provide:

  • Completed and signed registration form
  • Contractor Certificate of Insurance form – completed by Insurance broker
  • Copy of Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) or electronic Tax Clearance Certificate (eTCC). In order to confirm to us that you have an electronic Tax Clearance Certificate you will need to provide us with your PPSN/tax reference number and your tax clearance access number.

I want to install External Insulation

I am a New Contractor

I am Already Registered as a Better Energy Homes scheme Contractor

  • If your company is already registered with the Better Energy Homes scheme and you wish to add external wall insulation to your company profile of measures then you should submit a revised Declaration of Insurance form with a cover note requesting that external wall insulation is added to your company details. Please ensure that you include your contractor ID number on these documents.

When did the registration requirements for external wall insulation change?

  • The change in the requirements was notified to contractors last October and came into effect from the 1st of January 2012.

For more information on Contractors under the scheme please visit our Contractors FAQ section.

  rss icon

Important information regarding cookies and

By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies in accordance with the SEAI Cookie Policy.

For more information on cookies see our cookie policy.