To ensure payment of the grant the homeowner must do the following within the 6 month period of the grant offer:
- Ensure works are completed by a SEAI registered contractor. If some of your selected grant works are not undertaken, the grant should be cancelled by ticking the cancellation box on the relevant form and returning to SEAI with the remainder of the documents.
- Pay the contractor in full or have a financing agreement in place with them
- Get a BER assessment done and published. The BER assessment must be published AFTER the grant related works are done and BEFORE the expiry date of the grant. You should seek your BER cert from the assessor to ensure it has been completed correctly.
- Ensure all grant paperwork is complete and signed by all relevant parties (Contractor, Assessor and Homeowner)
- Submit all documents together to SEAI at the address below BEFORE the expiry date of your grant.
Better Energy Homes scheme
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
P.O. Box 119, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry
Please note the following:
- Late forms are not eligible for payment and grants will be cancelled by SEAI on receipt of the same. It is the homeowners responsibility to ensure that forms are returned completed and on time to SEAI.
- Incomplete or missing forms will result in your grant claim being rejected and all forms being returned to you for resolution. This in turn may result in a delay and/or cancellation of your grant claim
- Homeowners are required to retain their invoices and receipts for all works undertaken and to have them available for presentation to SEAI personnel or its agent / inspector should their home be selected for inspection