Clean, Renewable Energy
Download the Clean, Renewable Energy Factsheet
- Try the renewable energy lesson plan here
- Use the lesson plans, interactive white board resources and web quest on Wind Energy from Exploring Our Energy, Chapter two (for 5th and 6th class).The children discuss the positive and negative aspects of using wind turbines and factors that affect their location and design. Children then design and make a model wind turbine. They will look at the extent to which fossil fuels are used in Ireland and abroad and learn how fossil fuels are created.
- Check out the Design and Make activities on using renewable energy in the Energy File like the pizza box solar oven or the water wheel.
- http://www.seai.ie/Renewables There is a whole section of the SEAI website on renewable energy and information for home owners on renewable energy.
- www.iwea.com The Irish Wind Energy Association is the national association for the wind industry in Ireland. This website is a resource for IWEA members and others interested in the promotion of wind energy in Ireland. IWEA is committed to education and awareness building to promote the use of a sustainable energy system in Ireland and thus contribute to a cleaner environment with the benefits of non-fossil fuels.
- www.airtricity.ie An electricity company that supplies electricity generated from the wind.
- www.openhydro.com An Irish company that designs turbines to generate renewable energy from tidal streams in Ireland and abroad.