Code and QADP communication of key changes
SEAI review our Quality Assurance programme on a regular basis and is pleased to advise that changes have been made to the Code of Practice and Quality Assurance System and Disciplinary Procedure. These changes effective from the 1st August 2016.
SEAI have introduced a number of improvements on both the Code and QADP to enhance customer experience and reflect feedback from BER Assessors and Auditors.
SEAI review the BER Quality Assurance programme on a regular basis and are pleased to advise that changes have been made to the Code of Practice and Quality Assurance System and Disciplinary Procedure. These changes come into effect from the 1st August. The improvements have been based on review of QA processes, the BER Assessors workshops, insights from recent satisfaction survey and also as part of the ongoing review of BER Quality Assurance. We are confident that these changes will continue to maintain and improve the overall quality of the BER scheme and support the ongoing professional development of BER Assessors.
The updated documents are as follows:
Highlights of the key changes include:
Code: 2. Registration as a BER/DEC Assessor:
- Exam resit limit of 3 within 12 month period. The count will be separate for DBER and NDBER and only includes exam sittings from the 1st August 2016 and will not include exam sittings before the 1st August 2016
Code: 15. Monitoring and Compliance:
- Mentoring audits to assist new BER Assessors
Code: 5. Data Integrity:
- Confirmation of site visit by client/agent
Code: 6. BER/DEC assessor's obligation to Act in an Independent Manner and 8. Records, Data and Documentation:
- Annual declaration of independence
Code: 7. Carrying out BER/DEC assessments:
- Improved BER Assessor customer service delivery by introducing BER publication requirement within 10 days of BER Assessment
QADP: Improved audit & appeal process with reduced cycle time
QADP: Update includes breaches of the Code of Practice matrix to address serious breach cases.