What is the Energy Agreements Programme (EAP)?
The EAP is aimed at large energy users that want to take a strong, strategic and systematic approach to energy management in order to reduce energy-related costs and emissions.
Programme members agree to:
- Implement the International Energy Management Standard, ISO 50001 (formerly IS 16001 & IS 393)
- Pursue an aggressive programme of energy efficiency action and investment
What you commit to:
- You enter into an initial 3-year relationship with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- You adopt ISO 50001 as a way of ensuring continuous improvement and control of energy across all processes
- You complete three Special Investigations focusing on the viability of new energy efficient technology or changes to core processes in energy-intensive areas
By implementing ISO 50001, you will achieve the highest level of energy management, which is independently certified and will reduce your costs.
What supports does SEAI provide?
In return, SEAI provides relationship support, advice, networking and some financial supports.
Companies that engage strongly in the process and follow up on opportunities identified will receive tailored support.
Information resources include: