The Non-Domestic Energy Assessment Procedure (NEAP) is Ireland's official methodology for calculating a Building Energy Rating (BER) for non-domestic buildings.
NEAP calculates BERs using the default calculation tool, the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM), or by other approved software packages. SBEM considers space heating and cooling, water
heating, ventilation, and lighting, to calculate the energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in a building. It is accompanied by a basic user interface called iSBEM.
SBEM has been developed by BRE for the UK Department of Communities and Local Government. UK DoCLG has enabled the adaptation of SBEM for official use in Ireland within the framework of NEAP.
iSBEM software download
- iSBEM Installation Instructions
- iSBEM v3.5.b for Office 2002-2003
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 01 for Office 2002-2003
- iSBEM v3.5.b for Office 2007
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 01 for Office 2007
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 02 - fixes XML generation issue
- iSBEM v3.5.b User Guide (RoI) is the Republic of Ireland version of the iSBEM user manual.
Other useful resources
- NEAP Modelling Guide and SBEM v3.5.a Technical Manual (RoI) is the Republic of Ireland version of the SBEM user manual.
- iSBEM Data Collection Spreadsheet
NEAP Survey (v2.1)
This guidance and survey form is designed to assist BER Assessors record the survey information necessary for input into the NEAP software.
The above document includes databases for Constructions, Glazing Systems, and Activities as used in SBEM and other accredited tools. They are not required to run the tool but are made available for information.
NEAP Technical Support
If you have any questions that are not covered by the iSBEM User Guide or NEAP Modelling Guide and SBEM Technical Manual, we recommend that you read the NEAP Technical Guidance Document before contacting us.