City Centre to RDS
Outside Trinity College, take Nassau Street (N11) for about 150 metres then turn right following the signposts for the R118. Follow the R118 (also known as Mount Street which becomes Merrion Road) for approximately 2km. The RDS Main Complex will be situated on the right hand side.
Parking – Please see RDS website for further details on parking http://www.rds.ie/index.jsp?p=101&n=117&a=0
The RDS is serviced by bus routes number 4,7,8 and 18 (Directly) which stop outside the Main Hall Entrance to the RDS on the Merrion Road. These bus services can be availed of on Nassau Street outside Trinity College. Routes numbers 46a,145 (Walking Distance). Please see www.dublinbus.ie for timetables.
By Local Train
Dublin DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transport) service also operates from the City Centre to Ballsbridge. Travel southbound to Lansdowne or Sandymount stations. Please see www.dart.ie for timetables.
From Dublin Airport to RDS by Car:
Travel time: 45 minutes
Distance: 16 kilometres
- Leave the Airport and follow the Way Out signs until you reach a signalled roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit signposted Dublin to join Motorway M1 Airport Interchange.
- Junction3 (M50): follow signpost towards City Centre
- End of the Motorway, follow the N1
- At the junction with Griffith Avenue turn left at traffic lights R102 signposted Malahide, Howth.
- Junction with R107, at the traffic lights turn right R107
- At the T Junction turn right R105
- At traffic lights turn left R131 signposted Dublin Port, Dun Laoghaire
- At the junction with Alfie Byrne Road go through the traffic lights
- At the junction for Dublin Port turn right at the traffic lights
- Passing The O2 (J79) at the roundabout follow the signposts for Dun Laoghaire Via Toll Bridge and proceed across the River Liffey
- Go through the East Link Toll Bridge (car €1.70)
- Junction 80 (Dublin Outer Orbital Route)
- At the roundabout take the third exit signposted N11, N81 Irishtown (Junction 81)
- Turn right then and turn immediately left at the traffic signals into Londonbridge Road R111 (Signposted N11, N81) Junction 51 (R815) at traffic signals turn left R815, signposted Ballsbridge.
- Proceed through the next traffic lights and the RDS is situated on your right.