About Warmth and Wellbeing
The scheme carries out home energy upgrades delivered through SEAI's Better Energy Warmer Homes contractors. Works include:
- Standard attic insulation and appropriate ventilation
- Wall insulation: cavity, dry lining or external
- Boiler replacement as appropriate (oil or gas)
- Draught proofing as appropriate
Benefits to the homeowner
The aim of the scheme is to improve the living conditions of people with COPD and asthma. It also aims to reduce the requirement of these citizens to attend hospital especially during the winter months when the weather is coldest. The measures should improve the overall living environment and ensure homeowners experience additional comfort levels in their homes during the coldest winter periods.
Who is eligible for the scheme?
- Applicant must be living with a chronic respitary disease i.e. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or asthna and be referred to the programme by a HSE official
- Applicant must be over 55 years of age or under 12 years years of age
- Home must be owner-occupied or rented from a local authority/approved housing association
- A member of the household must be in receipt of fuel allowance or One Parent Family Payment
- Applicant must reside within the area designated for the pilot scheme: Dublin 8, 10, 12, 22 and Dublin 24
How the scheme works
- Application is approved
- Home is surveyed to establish what measures are suitable
- Time take to complete the works will vary depending on number of measures
- A full inspection is carried out
- All homes receive a post works Building Energy Rating (BER)
SEAI offers a two year guarantee on all works carried out.
How to apply
Applications are currently only possible where health care officials approve an application and the criteria have been met. This is a referral based scheme and no direct applications are possible. The service is FREE to all participants; there is no fee to the homeowner for this service.