FOI Publication Scheme
Here you will find details of our FOI Publication Scheme.
Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act.
Purpose of Scheme
The Scheme is designed to facilitate the provision of information to the greatest extent possible, except for information exempted under the Act. In preparing, reviewing or revising a Publication Scheme, an FOI body shall have regard to the public interest in:
- allowing public access to information held by the FOI body
- the publication of reasons for decisions made by the FOI body
- publishing information of relevance or interest to the general public in relation to its activities and functions generally.
Scheme Format and Access
The Scheme is web based with links to information under the headings as set out below.
About us and what we do
Organisational information , structures, locations and contacts
The services we offer
Each year, SEAI invests a significant proportion of the budget provided to us by the Department of Environment , Climate and Communications (DECC) into the Irish economy. This is achieved through a range of grant and other programmes, to deliver increased energy efficiency and to decarbonise our economy.
Supports for Business
- Accelerated Capital Allowance
- Training and Standards
- Large Industry Energy Network (LIEN)
- Public Sector Energy Programme
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Energy Auditing Scheme
- Energy Efficiency Obligation Scheme (EEOS)
- Business grants
- Support Scheme for Renewable Heat
Supports for Citizens and Communities and Schools
- Administration of Building Energy Rating (BER)
- Energy Labelling and Ecodesign
- Home energy grants
- Electric Vehicle grants
- Community grants
- Teaching Sustainability
Policy and Analysis
Along with our capital programmes, SEAI has a mandate to provide policy analysis, forecasting and modelling support to the DECC.
SEAI is central to both research and innovation in the energy sector in Ireland.
What we spend
Financial information relating to income and expenditure
How we spend
Information relating to how we procure goods and services
- Current tender competitions on the eTenders website
- PO's over €25k for both ICT and other contracts.