The Non-Domestic Energy Assessment Procedure (NEAP) is Ireland's official methodology for calculating a Building Energy Rating (BER) for non-domestic buildings.
NEAP calculates BERs using the default calculation tool, the Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM), or by other approved software packages. SBEM considers space heating and cooling, water
heating, ventilation, and lighting, to calculate the energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in a building. It is accompanied by a basic user interface called iSBEM.
SBEM has been developed by BRE for the UK Department of Communities and Local Government. UK DoCLG has enabled the adaptation of SBEM for official use in Ireland within the framework of NEAP.
NZEB Calculation Methodology and Software for Non Residential Buildings
The NEAP Software for Non Residential Buildings in the form of the Simplified Building Energy Model for Ireland (SBEMie) has been updated to demonstrate compliance with NZEB and Part L of the Building Regulations.Learn more
iSBEM software download
- iSBEM Installation Instructions
- iSBEM v3.5.b for Office 2002-2003
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 01 for Office 2002-2003
- iSBEM v3.5.b for Office 2007
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 01 for Office 2007
- iSBEM v3.5.b Patch 02 - fixes XML generation issue
- iSBEM v3.5.b User Guide (RoI) is the Republic of Ireland version of the iSBEM user manual.
Other useful resources
- NEAP Modelling Guide and SBEM v3.5.a Technical Manual (RoI) is the Republic of Ireland version of the SBEM user manual.
- iSBEM Data Collection Spreadsheet
- Request for SEAI Property Reference Number
- Non Domestic BER Statistics are updated monthly and show the total number of BERs published in Ireland
- Direct Debit Mandate
- BER Insurance form
- BER Non-Domestic Assessor Videos
NEAP Survey (v2.1)
This guidance and survey form is designed to assist BER Assessors record the survey information necessary for input into the NEAP software.
The above document includes databases for Constructions, Glazing Systems, and Activities as used in SBEM and other accredited tools. They are not required to run the tool but are made available for information.
Elements Adjacent to Unheated Spaces
This guidance enables BER assessors to calculate an area weighted adjusted U value for elements adjacent to unheated spaces for use in SBEM.
NEAP Technical Support
If you have any questions that are not covered by the iSBEM User Guide or NEAP Modelling Guide and SBEM Technical Manual, we recommend that you read the NEAP Technical Bulletins before contacting us.