We are currently developing a new strategy for the network to build on its reputation as one of the world’s leading energy efficiency networks.
2.8%energy performance improvement for LIEN members compared to 2015
135,000number of people employed by LIEN members
157,500tonnes estimated CO2 emissions avoided by the network in 2016
Future focus for the network
Energy efficiency will continue to deliver significant dividends in terms of reduced costs and increased competitiveness for businesses. We will work with members of the Large Industry Energy Network in 2018 through our ongoing mentoring support, special working groups and best practice resources. We will continue to explore ways to best facilitate access to information and best practice for members. There is no substitute for face-to-face interaction and below are some activities we will offer in 2018
- Networking opportunities to share experiences, discuss challenges and new opportunities, and make contacts.
- Special Working Groups (SWGs) will be a focus for members to share experiences on specific technologies, process improvements and utilities. We will run a range of workshops and seminars throughout 2018 focused on specific topics of interest for the Network.
- The SWGs supported by SEAI-appointed experts will focus on a number of key projects for 2018 to better understand opportunities for improved energy performance and develop best practice guidance.
We look forward to collaborating with all LIEN members to support strategic approaches to energy management and to co-create innovative solutions to shared problems. We look forward to a positive and productive year in 2018.
SEAI is currently developing a new strategy for the network. It will target up to four strands of engagement including:
- The top 15 energy users who account for over 50% of network energy consumption
- The mature energy management companies who have been certified for a number of years
- Companies seeking to develop their energy management systems to ISO 50001 standards
- Members who wish to participate in networking
SEAI will contact all members to develop structured plans aimed at driving innovation across all strands of engagement.