SMEs can save up to 90% of your lighting electricity costs by upgrading to energy efficient lighting.
We want to help SMEs reduce energy use and costs, making them more competitive. We have recently launched our Smart Lighting grant scheme which will support you in upgrading your lighting. This can reduce your lighting electricity costs by up to 90%.
Upgrade to energy efficient lighting
We will cover up to 40% of the cost of replacing existing lighting. This lighting must be in working order and in a building that is in general use when you apply.
Technologies covered include:
- New energy efficient light products which are on the Triple E register
- Lighting controls
Who should apply?
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with less than 250 employees in the following sectors are eligible to apply:
- Fitness centres
- Retailers (general and food)
- Small hotels / large B&Bs
- Nursing homes
Annual turnover must not exceed €50 million. Other sectors can be considered on a case by case basis. Applications must entail a whole building or facility. This includes lighting upgrades undertaken in all service areas within the building.
How to apply
The scheme is now closed with a possibility of re-opening in 2018.
To be considered applicants must do the following:
- Download and complete the application form below
- Complete either a simple lighting evaluation (using the Lighting Upgrade Calculation Tool), or a detailed lighting evaluation (using the Lighting Replacement Calculation Tool).
- The simple workbook can be used for 'like-for-like' more efficient lamp replacement
- The detailed workbook should be used for new lighting design, different technology design, etc.
- Provide a schedule of light fittings or lamps being replaced. See the Smart Lighting Installation Specification below to find out what you need.
- Submit the above to email@example.com. Once an application is received by SEAI, an acknowledgement will issued within five working days.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 15th September.
- Project needs to be fully completed and a claim for payment submitted by 27th October 2017.