DEAP 3 has now been replaced by the updated DEAP 4 software.
About DEAP 3
DEAP 3 is a desk-based software and can be downloaded below. Please note that while DEAP 3 is still accessible to users, the publication of BER assessments is no longer possible. The publication of BER assessments can now be completed using only the updated DEAP 4 software.
Download the notice below with key dates regarding the retirement of DEAP 3 and implementation of DEAP 4.2.0
DEAP 3 Resources
DEAP 3 Manual
DEAP Manual (version 3.2.1) can be used by BER Assessors when demonstrating compliance with previous versions of Part L of the Irish Building Regulations.
An updated version of the DEAP Manual can be found on the DEAP 4 webpage here.
The tool below is a calculator that accepts inputs from DEAP and the heat pump system designer/installer, and then produces outputs to include in DEAP.
Please note that DEAP 4.2.0 now has the Heat Pump calculator integrated into the software.
The methodology to assess heat pumps in DEAP was updated based on the Ecodesign (2009/125/EC) and Labelling (2010/30/EU) European directives. The guidance here supersedes Appendix G of DEAP Manual (v3.2.1) - July 2012.
Terms and Conditions
- By installing and using the Software you signify your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use of the Software.
- SEAI is licensing you to use the Software for the purpose of carrying out assessments using the DEAP method.
- The Software is provided "as is", which means that SEAI takes no responsibility for the Software or its performance or non-performance.
- No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied and to the extent permitted by law all statutorily implied warranties are hereby excluded.
- You use and rely on the Software at your own risk.
- SEAI will not be liable for data loss, loss of profits or any other kind of loss, whether direct or indirect, suffered by you or any third parties, while using or misusing this Software howsoever caused, whether by breach of contract, tort or otherwise.
- If SEAI is held by a court of competent authority to be liable under these terms and conditions of use, such liability shall not exceed €100 (one hundred Euro) only.
- You shall not modify, copy, duplicate, decompile, reverse engineer, reproduce, license or sublicense the Software, or transfer, assign or convey the Software or any right in the Software to anyone else without the prior written agreement of SEAI.
- Any form of commercial use and distribution of the Software is not authorised without the prior written agreement of SEAI.
- Technical support in the installation or use of the Software is only available to registered BER assessors.
- These terms and conditions of use will be governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- The user must read the DEAP software release notes in full prior to installation of the software.