Bring energy and sustainability into the classroom in a fun, interactive way. Register for a workshop today.
Tools to teach energy in the classroom
Book a free workshop with an SEAI facilitator and learn how to use the Exploring your Energy resources in the classroom. This 1 hour workshop will give you all the tools you need to teach this aspect of the primary science curriculum, in a fun and interactive way.
We will explain the key features of the resources including interactive whiteboard use, inquiry based science approaches and the spiral nature of the programme.
These workshops can be done as part of schools planning day or Croke Park hours. This is subject to school management approval in accordance with DES circulars.
- Demonstration of a simple classroom investigation and the associated interactive whiteboard resource.
- Overview of the programme; its structure, resources, curriculum links, skills development and the various types of science investigations involved.
- Demonstration of how the interactive whiteboard resources can be used to:
- Promote classroom discussion.
- Aid with the exploring, planning and evaluation stages in a Design and Make activity
- An inquiry based science lesson in action. The teachers get to design and carry out an investigation in groups and record and communicate their findings.
- Demonstration of a Teacher Led investigation and overview of other SEAI workshops and resources.
Duration and location
The workshop takes 1 hour. It is held after school hours in your school.
We request that schools have a minimum of 10 teachers and a maximum of 20 to participate in the training. Smaller schools can join together and larger schools can be split into 2 groups.
"I really like the hands-on approach and the enthusiastic and well prepared facilitator" Mary Guest, Ballinamere NS, Tullamore, Co Offaly
Please complete the registration form below. We will then be in contact to arrange your workshop. If you have any queries please call Eoin on 01 400 2202