In April 2022, for the first time the SEAI will recognise and reward excellence in the promotion and sales of electric vehicles.
SEAI invests in incentivising the adoption of EVs and developing innovative ways to encourage uptake of EVs in Ireland. We recognise that EV car dealerships and their staff are vital to enable this.
About the awards
Engaging and supporting EV dealers is an important aspect of influencing Ireland’s transition to EVs. The new dealership awards will provide additional incentives and opportunities to build capacity and competence in the supply chain and improve public customer experience.
SEAI want to recognise and award those dealerships who are working to increase consumers understanding and experience of EVs and their use on Irish roads.
Dealerships are invited to register to be part of the inaugural SEAI EV Dealership Awards. Dealerships will be assessed on how they promote EVs on their website, forecourt, showroom, sales and staff training.
Categories & awards
- There will be an award for the best performing EV dealership per county
- The 26 county winners will each receive a wall mounted plaque and certificate, and assistance from SEAI to promote their win in the local media. This will be announced in February/March 2022.
- The county winners will be shortlisted and evaluated to determine the EV Dealership of the Year 2022.
- The national winner will receive a wall mounted plaque and certificate along with assistance from SEAI to promote their win and dealership in local and national media. The National winner will also receive support in the form of a spread in a national automotive magazine.
- The announcement and presentation to the National winner will be at the SEAI Energy Show in April 2022.
Dealers will be assessed on the following:
Dealers will be evaluated on demonstrated excellence in promoting and encouraging the adoption of EVs and developing innovative methods to facilitate a greater adoption rate of EVs in Ireland. Award submissions will be assessed on the following criteria:
- All round EV customer experience via a mystery shopper including:
- Staff knowlege of EVs
- EV promotion to potential customers
- Prominence of EVs, in particular vehicles and promotional material both online and in the showroom
- Training of staff, the number of staff trained on EVs as well as the level and depth of training.
- Percentage increase of EV sales over the past 2 years.
For all queries about the awards scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 808 2100