Our “Emerging Sustainable Energy Champion” award was introduced last year to recognise the outstanding work that many young people do to help combat climate change.
Victory Luke, winner of last year's award
Emerging Sustainable Energy Champion
Nominations are now open
SEAI’s annual awards recognise and reward excellence in sustainable energy in business, community, research, buildings, renewables and the public sector. We want to give recognition of excellence to those deserving individuals and organisations who are taking bold steps in the right direction and inspiring other through their action.
Our “Emerging Sustainable Energy Champion” award was introduced last year to recognise the outstanding work that many young people do. The award was presented to Victory Luke, a Transition Year student in Collinstown Park Community College, Dublin. Victory led a sustainability project in her school, went on to speak at an international conference and published an article in the Irish Times.
We are now looking for nominations for this year’s award and encourage you to nominate one young person who you believe should receive the 2020 award and get the recognition they deserve.
The winner will:
- Likely be in fulltime education* or of school/college going age (primary, post-primary or 3rd level excluding mature students)
- Have a genuine interest in the area of sustainable energy and climate action
- Demonstrate strong activism and advocacy for energy efficiency, renewable energy or climate action in their school or community, and beyond
- Demonstrate reach and influence among their peers, community or beyond in promoting positive climate action
*People in full-time employment will not be considered.
How to enter
- Tell us why this young person is deserving of the Award. Keep your answer to one A4 page.
- One short video and up to four photos can accompany your application. This is optional.
- Please include your contact details.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 7th August
- All nominations will be considered by SEAI Schools Programme Executives
- A shortlist of candidates may be contacted by SEAI, we will seek parental/guardian consent