Innovative Deployment of Renewable Energy
Get the recognition you deserve, showcase your unique approach to sustaining a low carbon future.
About the Award
This award recognises organisations that have demonstrated a high level of innovation in the deployment and/or operation of a functioning renewable energy project. Projects may be in renewable heat, electricity or transport, and may include projects for self-supply to a discrete facility.
This category is also open to innovative deployment of renewable energy in houses.
Who should apply?
Applications are welcome from Renewable energy project owners, Facility / building owners with innovative renewable energy deployments including houses. Technology developers and suppliers with suitably innovative projects
Previous project finalists under this category include:
Falls Hotel & Spa
The Falls Hotel & Spa is a family run hotel at the gateway to the Burren UNESCO Geopark in County Clare. Installing a hydro-electric turbine on the river adjacent to the hotel has provided the Falls hotel with up to 70% of their annual electricity requirements since 2018. In March 2021 the hotel was declared a carbon neutral property by Green Hospitality and awarded their GreenMark recognition.
Lidl Regional Distribution Centre is home to one of Ireland’s largest rooftop PV arrays. The system incorporates over 4,000 panels spread across an area of 10,000m2 and provides 25% of the buildings annual electrical requirements. In addition, a heat recovery system from the refrigeration system provides underfloor heating, natural light is maximised and a rainwater harvesting system accumulates 1million litres of water annually.Apply now about About the Award
We are absolutely honoured to win the award for Innovative Deployment of Renewable Energy from the SEAI. We would like to thank our green team within the hotel. Without the green team, this wouldn't have been able to happen. The McCarthy Family for their vision in the hydro turbine project and our locals within the area, who have all been very supportive of the project.
- Please submit your application online by 5pm Friday 24th June.
- You are eligible to apply under more than one category. Simply follow the online guidelines and copy and paste your application to a new category and amend your answers as appropriate.
- Please ensure all mandatory fields are completed before you hit submit.
- Please complete the 'Data' section to the best of your ability.
- Once you submit, you can still edit your application up to the deadline date.
- Please keep attachments to 5MB or less.
- Shortlisted applications will be announced in August.