The Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure is Ireland's official method for calculating the Building Energy Rating of new and existing dwellings.
Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) is a software and manual which calculates energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions. It considers space heating, ventilation, water heating, and lighting in a dwelling. DEAP is free to download but be sure to view the terms and conditions within the links below before downloading.
DEAP is used by registered BER Assessors to calculate the BER of new and existing dwellings and to demonstrate compliance with aspects of the Building Regulations. You can learn how to use DEAP by undertaking a training course and registering as a BER assessor.
DEAP tools and information
Introduction to DEAP
This document describes the principles of DEAP for those involved in the research, design, construction or retrofit of dwellings. It is also useful for anyone wishing to understand the technical basis for BER certificates and Advisory Reports.
We recommend that you consult the DEAP Technical Bulletins before contacting us.
The sign off form is be completed by the heating system designer/installer for the dwelling being assessed.
Heat pumps Consultation
SEAI sought feedback via a public consultation on proposed changes to the methodology and calculations for heat pumps entered in DEAP assessments for BERs and Part L compliance checking in dwellings. The consultation period ended on the 17th of May.
Solar Space Heating - Group Systems
This guidance and calculator helps BER assessors determine the solar contribution from a group solar space heating system that applies to an individual dwelling linked to that system.
Solar Space Heating - Individual Systems
This guidance and calculator helps BER assessors account for the contribution of active solar thermal systems to both domestic hot water and space heating requirements of a dwelling.
This guidance and application helps BER assessors to calculate a non-default Thermal Bridging Factor for use in DEAP.
- DEAP Electricity Factors provides current and historical electricity primary energy and carbon dioxide factors for inclusion in DEAP calculations.
- Domestic Fuel Cost Comparison provides information on the comparison of energy costs and the comparison of useful energy costs for space heating.
- National BER Research Tool gives researchers access to statistical data from the BER scheme.
- Domestic BER Statistics are updated monthly and show the total number of BERs published in Ireland.
- Request for SEAI Property Reference Number (Form FO11)
- Direct Debit Mandate
- BER Insurance Form
- BER Domestic Assessor Videos