To complete the registration process, you must enrol in the SEAI online induction module.
Step 5: enrol in the SEAI BER induction module
In order to complete your registration as a BER Assessor, you will need to complete the online induction module. The module will provide information on:
- Supports available from SEAI including the BER Helpdesk
- Technical documents
- BER Assessors Code of Practice
- Quality Assurance (QA) processes
- Communications from SEAI
- Additional knowledge development resources
Online induction modules are scheduled at set times throughout the year and dates will be published on this page. Please ensure that you have first submitted your BER Assessor Registration Form to SEAI in order to enrol in the module.
Once you have completed the online module:
- You will be provided with your BER Assessor registration number,
- Your name will be entered onto the National Register of BER Assessors.
- You will be provided with your accounts in both DEAP 4.2 and the National Administration System (NAS)/Non-Domestic Administration System (NDNAS) for the publication of BER assessments.
Induction module training dates
You must submit your BER Assessor registration form before being invited to the online training module. The next online training module will take place on Tuesday 23rd March. All registrations forms need to be submitted by Friday 12th March in order to attend the training session.
Please note, DEC Assessors are not required to complete the online induction module.
|Final Date for Acceptance of Registration Forms||Date of Online Registration Module|
|23rd March at 11am|
|26th March||11th April at 11am|
Step 6: Mentoring
Following your registration as a BER Assessor, you will be allocated a Mentoring Audit with one of SEAI’s BER Auditors. This will be randomly selected from one of your published BER assessments.
Mentoring audits are a learning resource provided by SEAI, within which you will be given the opportunity to ask questions and discuss various aspects of the BER’s data inputs with your assigned auditor. Learning outcomes will be provided to you following the mentoring sessions, which can then be used in the completion of subsequent BER assessments.
SEAI will be in contact with you directly to organise the allocation of your mentoring audit.