Excellence in Energy Research and Innovation
Have you been involved in an innovative energy research project that has contributed to Ireland’s clean energy future? The winner will receive a €10,000 bursary prize.
About the Award
SEAI are seeking applications from organisations that have researched and developed innovative energy-related technologies, processes or systems, which will contribute significantly to Ireland’s clean energy transition.
Who should apply?
Applications are welcome from companies, 3rd level educational bodies, public sector bodies and semi-state bodies involved in impactful energy research and innovation.
Previous project finalists under this category include:
Dublin Offshore is developing a load reduction device for the floating offshore wind market. The load reduction device uses buoyancy and weight to reduce mooring loads and enable cost reductions. The project demonstrates how marine technology can be delivered quickly and at low cost, availing of Ireland’s extensive testing and support infrastructure.
GlasPort Bio Ltd
GlasPort Bio is a SME based in Galway that has developed a solution to allow greater use and reuse from perceived waste agricultural materials. Their GasAbate product is added to stored slurry to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase biogas production following Anaerobic Digestion. The product has the potential to reduce national emissions and enhance the renewable energy output of slurry.
Sustainable & Resilient Structures Research Group, MaREI Centre, Ryan Institute & School of Engineering, NUI Galway
The Sustainable & Resilient Structures Research Group developed a state-of-the-art structural testing facility for tidal turbine blades. As the tidal energy sector strives for commercial viability, this facility takes away the risk in the development of its’ technologies. Following testing campaigns, operational trials have commenced in Alaska and Scotland. The Research Group is made up of a multi-disciplinary diverse team that are working at the cutting edge of sustainable energy research.Apply now
- Please submit your application online by 5pm Friday 17th June.
- You are eligible to apply under more than one category. Simply follow the online guidelines and copy and paste your application to a new category and amend your answers as appropriate.
- Please ensure all mandatory fields are completed before you hit submit.
- Please complete the 'Data' section to the best of your ability.
- Once you submit, you can still edit your application up to the deadline date.
- Please keep attachments to 5MB or less.
- Shortlisted applications will be announced in August.