Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB) Calculation Methodology and Software for Non Residential Buildings
The NEAP Software for Non Residential Buildings in the form of the Simplified Building Energy Model for Ireland (SBEMie) has been updated to demonstrate compliance with NZEB and Part L of the Building Regulations. The SBEMie software version 5.5h is now available to the market for demonstrating compliance with NZEB requirements.
It is currently not possible to publish BERs using version 5.5h. The ability to publish BERs using the updated software will be added early in 2019.
Validation of third-party commercial SBEM interface (SBEM-i) software packages
Information on the process for validating third-party commercial SBEM interface (SBEM-i) software packages and the latest vendor information package can be obtained from the BER Helpdesk: Phone 1890 734 237 or email email@example.com
Updates and changes
Some of the key changes to the software include:
- NZEB Compliance Check
- Incorporation of the Renewable Energy Ratio
- Compliance Check for Solar Overheating
- Compliance Check for Heating, Cooling, Ventilation and Lighting Systems
- Change in Primary Energy Factor for Electricity
- Update to activity database to reflect Irish specific circumstances and research carried out by BRE
- Update in methodology for Unconditioned Adjoining Spaces
- Enhanced calculations for heating and cooling demands
- Enhanced HVAC calculation including
- Bivalent Systems
- Demand Control Ventilation
- Local SFP entry for systems such as FCU
- VSD pumps for Heating and Cooling
- Provision for night cooling
- Enhanced Lighting calculation including
- Provision for LED lighting
- Inclusion of the Light Output Ratio
- Updated approach to display lighting time switching
- Enhanced Renewable calculation including
- Inclusion of allowance for Renewables from District Heating Schemes
- Inclusion for Peak Power in photovoltaics
- Inclusion for allowance of renewables from process energy.
- Enhanced shading calculations
Further guidance and training
We will publish an updated NEAP Survey Guide in the coming weeks to give further guidance on the entries within SBEMie and the documentary evidence requirements. We will provide guidance and training to BER Assessors and other SBEMie users through a series of workshops nationwide in 2019. The dates for these workshops will be communicated in the coming weeks.
Please download our Introduction to SBEMie for key items to consider when converting from previous versions of the software.
Call: 1890 252 738